October 2011 will mark the bicentenary of the publication of Jane Austen’s Sense and Sensibility. My Jane Austen Book Club will dedicate a special space to the celebration and discussion of Austen’s first achievement as a published writer. Some expert Janeites have been invited to contribute to the discussion, and they have kindly and generously accepted. Each month a guest will deal with a theme, a character, a topic somehow linked to Sense and Sensibility. The discussion will be open to you all with your comments, questions and suggestions. There will be a monthly giveaway and you will have the chance to win a book or DVD connected to our celebration. Here’s the schedule of our virtual meetings. Take notes.
1. January Jennifer Becton Marriage and money in Sense and Sensibility
2. February Alexa Adams Sense and Sensibility on screen
3. March C. Allyn Pierson Inheritance laws and their consequences in Sense & Sensibility
4. April Beth Pattillo Lost in Sense and Sensibility
5. May Jane Odiwe Willoughby: a rogue on trial
6. June Deb @JASNA Vermont Secrets in Sense and Sensibility
7. July Laurie Viera Rigler Interview with Lucy Steele
8. August Regina Jeffers Settling for the Compromise Marriage
9. September Lynn Shepherd The origins of S&S: Richardson, Jane Austen, Elinore & Marianne
10. October Meredith @Austenesque Reviews Sense and Sensibility fanfiction
11. November Vic @Jane Austen’s World Minor characters in Sense and Sensibility
12. December Laurel Ann @Austenprose Marianne Dashwood: A passion for dead Leaves and other Sensibilities
For commenting on the site, you can will a copy of The Three Weissmanns of Westport, a modern day Sense and Sensibility.